Wednesday, May 6, 2009

BOP Participants 2009

The BOP Participants
by Ayessa Parayno (Ogilvy Intern, UP Manila)

Upon seeing them, I initially thought the 28 students participating in the AmCham Business Orientation Program—most of whom are taking up business courses-- were unapproachable. But I was so glad to be proven wrong—as every one of them was so nice.

And who said smart people can’t be fun? Their energy was infectious.
This recent batch of BOP students seemed to have mastered the art of learning while having fun, and here are the pictures to prove it.




See this one? I took this when we were at the elevator going down RCBC Tower after the session with Chevron.











This was supposed to be a stolen shot. But they caught me and smiled. =)






We were told that taking pictures within and in front of RCBC Tower was prohibited. But the advice came too late because we already took this shot outside.


I talked to some of the participants and these are some of the things they had to say.



Randy Ventanilla said” I joined BOP because I want to have an in depth knowledge about the companies and how it is in the corporate setting. Meeting with CEOs and expansion of network is what I expect from this program”



Mohammad Balang shared, “Since Marawi is underdeveloped. I believe that through BOP, opportunities and exposure in the corporate setting will help me in my future career. With this program, I was able to meet new friends and build networks.”










Shayne Gonzales and Edlyn Batac: “We believe that through BOP, we will be able to realize what we really want to do in our future career. Unlike in Pampanga, Manila can open a variety of opportunities for us”.





Being in the company of these future business leaders has been a wonderful experience for me. Not only did the participants learn from the mentor CEOs and executives. They also benefited from the new-found friendships that hopefully will last even beyond the week-long program. (Ayessa Parayno, UP Manila)