Wednesday, May 21, 2008

my amcham screenings. :)

MY AMCHAM BOP HISTORY.




i am Rachel Marice B. Nava
a 4th yr student from Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
taking up BSBA - Major in Finance and Treasury Management


let me start it this way.

it was early january when i learned about amcham bop. my classmates were like so fussed about it. and almost everyone would like to be a part of it.


midterm examinations ended and my professor gave me some application forms to accomplish.
telling me it was for the amcham BOP. so i accomplished it as soon as possible.

days passed with no reply. ive been checking my email everyday and still havent received any confirmation. it was march 6, 2008 when i received an email telling me that i passed the initial screening and that i'm bound to take an exam at john clements. yey! i was so excited about it. my classmate mark & i both passed the first screening.


i went to john clements at makati with my dad to take my exam. i was really nervous about it. jitters were all over my body. it subsided eventually after i reached the examination room. so i took some "IQ" tests, personality test, and finally..an oral proficiency exam. gawd! i was interviewed an im not really expecting such. but it went on well. the guy who interviewed me was fun to talk to. we were like talking stuffs about my family and all.


so after that interview, i went home right away. and yes! i was the first one to finish the interview and exams. i needed to rush off because i have other appointments on the said day.

okay. so i waited again. days passed. and i got a call from Ms. Abbie telling me that i passed the 2nd screening. and now,the sudden death part will begin. a deadly interview. waaaaahhh..

so there i was. a bit excited for the interview because i really never expected to get this far. i went to amcham office with my brother. he waited outside while i was inside the amcham office.


i sat there together with other students who were waiting for their turn to be interviewed. i was first interviewed by Mr. Richard Umali, the Senior Research Consultant of AmCham Investment Climate Inmprovement Project. The interview with him was fun. I was happy that Mr. Umali gave me some words of wisdom that i should be confident of myself. and that i should instill integrity in whatever i do.


the second interview was with Ms. Eileen Lim, the HR Director of Goodyear Philippines. yes. i admit i really felt nervous when she interviewed me. but she told me to relax and that be myself. she asked me a few questions while she jots down some comments.

when the interview was done, i was relieved. but also, i felt disappointed of myself. i know i totally blew off my inteview. *sigh* but that's me.

okay. so days passed again. (gawd..there are so many days..) and i waited.


waited and waited..


i was starting to lose hope of my amcham results. but it was the day after my birthday when i received a call. FROM MISS ABBIE! :)


yey. and guess what?

im in! :)


i was really so happy about it.

reache me at my multiply site. CHEL'S MULTIPLY SITE